For more information about TIAA-CREF, visit visit our website.
TIAA-CREF's Wealth Management Group offers highly sophisticated financial planning capabilities designed to help clients accomplish their immediate and long term investment goals. We provide these services through seasoned professionals who have expertise in a variety of financial disciplines and who work seamlessly together to meet our clients' needs.
The Senior Manager, Wealth Management assists with the management of a team of Advisors and Associate Advisors over a specific geographic territory. Responsible for overseeing the growth and development of the team as well as achieving a specific sales and activity metric for their assigned territory. Senior Manager may also be responsible for managing escalations, assisting with very complex clients and meeting and influencing high profile, high net worth clients at assigned institutions.
This position will interact with multiple business units across the organization and might occasionally be asked to present at national sales conferences or Sr Leadership meetings. This position will be tasked with developing and institutionalizing sales practice management processes and will require an advanced level of managerial discretion and leadership.
- Responsible for assisting aligned Wealth Management Director with the oversight and management of a group of Wealth Management Advisors. This includes: compliance, monitoring Advisor performance/metric against scorecard; reporting; the principal review of the Advisors' recommendations; tracking of training and licensing requirements; and adoption of the Consultative Selling Process.
- Helps coach and motivate a team of Wealth Management Advisors to achieve the goals of the unit. Ensures Advisors are utilizing internal resources, including the Estate Planning, Portfolio Management, Insurance Planning teams, etc.
- Works with the assigned team of Advisors to review planning and advice for complex cases.
- Assists the Wealth Management Director in charting strategy and direction in assigned territory.
- Monitors competitors' activities within the territory.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining an active pipeline of internal and external talent that can be used to fill future Advisor openings.
- Responsible for coordinating projects related to advisory services.
- Evaluates current methods and develops strategies to implement changes and improvements.
This position requires an expert level knowledge of local markets, the ability to analyze data and balance multiple demands on time including management and supervisory responsibilities, project work as assigned, relationship management support for Institutional and Individual complex clients. This job is specifically defined by the local territory it manages (subject to change): Kentucky, Virginia, Chapel Hill, Raleigh & Durham, NC.
- Bachelor's Degree
- FINRA Series 7, 24 and 66 required. Position also requires home office and resident state insurance and GA registrations in jurisdictions where the position will be training or client facing, FINRA GS/GP and home office state RA registration. Candidate must have appropriate FINRA license/s or must obtain them within three months or taking the position. Industry designations such as CFP desired.
- Prior sales management experience required. Must have demonstrated superior sales management expertise and coaching/motivating/developing staff.
- Excellent strategic planning, people management and communication skills.
- Expert knowledge of financial planning concepts including a broad knowledge of all TIAA-CREF products and services.
- Thorough knowledge of the retirement industry, ERISA regulations, financial products, and regulatory/compliance obligations.
- Proven track record in generating sales and managing relationships with high net worth clients, including broad technical skills in retirement products, general investment matters and applicable tax and estate planning issues.
- Demonstrated experience understanding a client's unique financial situation, providing appropriate advice and solutions, and exhibiting financial leadership.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and client face-to-face relationship building skills as well as a team player.
- Experience with client relationship management (CRM) systems.
TIAA is an Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in its workforce. Visit our Careers site to learn more about how we are making a difference.